TRINITY CHURCH, LEEK
WORLD CHURCH GROUP
Guiding Principles for Planning, Action and Funding
Wherever possible, all planning, action and funding should strive to:-
- raise awareness about the causes of poverty
- contribute to ending poverty
- bring people together in organisations to empower them to act
- reflect the felt needs and priorities of poorer communities
- reach the poorest people
- involve people, especially women, in planning and implementing initiatives
- use local people and skills
- respect the local physical environment
- serve the whole community (not just one religious group)
- influence the policy and practice of others
- support organisations that are credible and authoritative in their field.
In funding, we should maintain a balance between providing sustained support for particular organisations for longer-term and/or specified periods, and providing one-off support for organisations which we feel need support at particular times.
These principles are based on Christian Aid’s development guidelines.